WEST PALM BEACH, FL – This morning Sedo, the world’s leading domain marketplace is announced a special “No-Reserve” .CO – auction event with mainly English keyword domains which will be held from July 23-30. The auction is said to be in honor of .CO’s 10th anniversary. The general public was able to register “.co” domain names on a first-come, first-served basis (general availability) beginning July 20, 2010.
The is a closed auction with no open application phase. The 100+ domains in the auction were chosen by Sedo’s Team using the following parameters:
- Only .CO generic names, mostly English with a few select Spanish domains
- No Reserve pricing, minimum bid of 99 USD/EUR
Noteworthy Domains In The Auction:
Along with the announcement, Sedo provided the following reasons for desirability:
- .CO websites have the exact same potential to rank well within search engines – assuming it provides valuable content.
- .CO domains have more availability than its comparable counterparts, giving buyers more flexibility and saving buyers money on pricier options.
- .CO domains provide shorter, more streamlined yet memorable options that are easy to type into a browser bar.
Noteworthy Public Sales (Top 10 .CO sales) through Sedo 2010-2020
Noteworthy Public Sales (Top 10 .CO sales) through Sedo 2019 Only
2019 .CO data was available from the Global Domain Market Report presented by Sedo and InterNetX, a 40 page report on “The Status Quo of the Domain Industry.”
You can view the entire auction inventory here. Bidders are required to complete the certification in order to place bids over $10K.
About The Author: John Colascione is Chief Executive Officer of Internet Marketing Services Inc. He specializes in Website Monetization, is a Google AdWords Certified Professional, authored a ‘how to’ book called ”Mastering Your Website‘, and is a key player in several Internet related businesses through his search engine strategy brand Searchen Networks®
Data Glasses says
All but one above are plural, good for online shops, not as good for a brand imo