NEW YORK, NY – You might not need to bother registering a domain name to keep your brands tag line or slogan safe from violators – at least, that must be the general consensus within the industry as nearly none of the 200 company slogans and tag lines I’ve examined have done so.
To my surprise, just a few have thought that registering their catchy phrase in a .com name is worthwhile.
Below are a few of the companies which have their tag lines and trademark terms registered or at least, the ones that either redirect them to their main site, or actually use them to host content for their products or services.
- http://JustDoIt.com (TESS)
- http://SnapCracklePop.com (TESS)
- http://ADiamondIsForever.com (TESS)
- http://www.ForThePeople.com (TESS)
- http://www.ThinkDifferent.com (TESS)
- http://www.BeanzMeanzHeinz.com (NONE)
- http://BecauseChangeHappenz.com (TESS)
- http://www.SeriousAboutSearch.com (TESS) (hey, who’s this?)
That’s it; no-one else gives a damn.
Or if anyone else on that long list does, they’re just wasting the traffic as it doesn’t resolve or do anything at all beneficial to even having it.
About The Author: John Colascione is Chief Executive Officer of Internet Marketing Services Inc. He specializes in Website Monetization, is a Google AdWords Certified Professional, authored a ‘how to’ book called ”Mastering Your Website‘, and is a key player in several Internet related businesses through his search engine strategy brand Searchen Networks®