WEST PALM BEACH, FL – For the last couple of months, the website Antifa.com has been redirecting traffic to Presidential candidate Joe Biden’s campaign website JoeBiden.com. It’s caused quite a stir with more than a few stories being published by major outlets since people started associating the two due to the misunderstanding of the simplicity of redirecting domain names.
Below are some major news websites which have published stories about it.
- USA TODAY: Fact Check: Antifa.com Redirects to Joe Biden’s Website, But Biden Campaign Not Involved
- NEW YORK TIMES: Visitors to Antifa.com Are Redirected To Biden’s Website. His Campaign Is Not Happy.
- REUTERS: Fact Check: Antifa.com Does Redirect To Joebiden.com, But This Is Not Proof Of A Link Between The Two
- ABC-AFFILIATED WATN-TV: Verify: How Internet Trolls Use Websites Like Antifa.com To Raise Unfounded Suspicions
- CBS-AFFILIATED WUSA-TV: Verify: Yes, Antifa.com Redirects to Joe Biden’s Campaign Website, But That Doesn’t Mean the Two Are Affiliated. Here’s Why
- NBC-AFFILIATED WRAL TV: Fact Check: Social Media Posts Mislead About ‘Antifa’ Website
- BRITISH ONLINE NEWSPAPER THE INDEPENDENT: Antifa Website Redirected To Biden’s Campaign Site Causes Right-wing Conspiracy Meltdown
- POLITIFACT.COM “If You Go To Antifa.com, It Takes You Directly To Joe Biden’s Webpage… What’s That Tell Ya… Try It Yourself.”
- MEDIUM: YAHOO; RUSSIA RESPONSIBLE FOR ANTIFA. COM
- YAHOO.COM: ‘Antifa’ Website Cited In Conservative Media Attack On Biden Is Linked To — Wait For It — Russia
Below are some tweets which displayed shock by the assumed link.
The domain names’ ownership is not surprisingly, hidden behind NameCheap’s WhoIsGuard privacy services.
Whoever it is that is redirecting searchers to Joe Biden’s website is probably delivering a lot of traffic, that is for sure. I bet the FBI is investigating it.
About The Author: John Colascione is Chief Executive Officer of Internet Marketing Services Inc. He specializes in Website Monetization, is a Google AdWords Certified Professional, authored a ‘how to’ book called ”Mastering Your Website‘, and is a key player in several Internet related businesses through his search engine strategy brand Searchen Networks®
Michael Anthony Castello says
I pointed November.com to an Apolitical website that offers information on the campaigns and general election. There is no reason to taint a domain name with a cause or purpose that could be viewed as adverse. It may reduce its desirability in a future sale.
Lol get out of your bubble!
The person behind this might not care about future value. They might be the end-user *gasp*.
They’re enjoying the value in the realm of their own mind!
You’re so arrogant to believe it’s about $!
This is why ‘the world’ hates domaining!.
Domainers worship the & and not the results! Shame!