There are many tools, plugins and browser add-ons for detecting NoFollow links but most display the data all the time regardless of whether or not you actually want to know about it at that time. I prefer this IE favorite bookmark because it doesn’t work unless I want it to, and when I do, it’s just one click away from detecting the NoFollow tag on web pages. When clicked on it highlights links with NoFollow red within the page.
To save this tool into your IE browser do this:
- Create a new bookmark favorite (can be anything).
- Hover over the new bookmark in your favorites list.
- Right click on the new bookmark and select properties.
- Copy and paste the code below into the URL line.
- Click on the “General” Tab and rename the bookmark NOFOLLOW
This is a very helpful tool which I’ve been using for a few years now and I find myself looking all over for it everytime I need to reinstall it.
About The Author: John Colascione is Chief Executive Officer of Searchen Networks Inc. and Internet Advertising Inc. He specializes in Website Monetization, authored a ‘how to’ book called ‘‘Mastering Your Website’, and is a key player in several Internet related businesses through his search engine strategy company Searchen Networks®